We invested lot of time and a crazy number of hours testing to
achieve the wide freeride board that we are very proud to present you
now, offering an incredibly easy, wide range!
This board has got it all for any keen freerider: very early planing,
speed, acceleration and passing through lulls effortlessly. It has
great control and on top of that a super easy jiber where you don’t lose
any speed and come out as fast as you entered. The new Rocket Wide
range has such a versatile sail range. For example, the 118 will feel
totally at home with sails ranging from a 6.0m Pilot entry level sail to
a 8.5m Phantom freerace. This is the board that will help you pass to
the next level.
We worked really hard on defi ning everything that made our classic
Rocket such a success and packaging it all into a wider, thinner shape
to achieve even better planing and wind range. Improving the performance
level while keeping a comfortable controllable ride,we used what we
learned about outline and V distribution working with the team on the
Manta 85 and 81. So we redesigned a new version of the Rocket
rocker-line while taking into account that this board needed to be
shorter and wider. As a result we made a new outline with increased
maximum width around the front foot area, while making the tail outline
narrower. We then added some cut-outs on tail to minimize the wetted
surface when at full speed to increase the top speed.
The results are clear to see – great planing, great acceleration and a
very good top speed.We kept our signature Tabou nose double concave to
get our famous “soft touch” over the chop that makes the boards so easy.
We worked on the rail shape and foil to get an incredible «super
- Perfect rocker for smoother planing, better non active planing balance.
- Balanced V and concave: more acceleration, keeps you planing better through lulls and generates more top speed.
- Outline: wide kinked in the tail: early planing, acceleration, speed. Forgiving control.
- Full rail until the tail: forgiving in the jibe and keeps your speed in the tur n. Improved upwind ability.
- Constant thickness foil on tail: improved speed in the exit of the jibe, early planing and upwind capacity.